My goal is to help educate consumers about conventional farming - especially about my favorite topics of biotechnology, organic, and animal agriculture
Hi, I'm Amanda! My family farms corn and soybeans in Southwest Michigan. I'm also a practicing attorney.
Cancer woo is the worst woo.
That means 98% of the US population should stop telling those 2% that do grow food (for everyone else) how to do th… t.co/Jx8IsuxJXw
Farmers and ranchers are more focused on #sustainability than ever before @USFRA @farmdaughterusa… t.co/yj5Gg3iAhQ
The Farmer's Daughter
2 days ago
We were exposed to a lot of things on the farm, and it turns out that was a good thing! My latest for AGDAILY. ... See MoreSee Less
Farmer’s Daughter: Being raised on a farm is a good thing – dirt and all | AGDAILY
For a nation obsessed with having everything clean, it's easy to forget how valuable to our immunity a little dirt can be.
3 days ago
When you think about it, it's kind of crazy that only 2% of the population is growing food for the other 98%! ... See MoreSee Less
5 days ago
"Agriculture is relevant to everyone. It’s fundamental. It affects your city, your province, your country. We grow the food you eat and what we do amounts to much more than a slogan."(h/t Cami Ryan) ... See MoreSee Less
A reality check for urban diners, straight from the farm
The phrase itself — “food straight from the farm” — contains the unrealistic expectations an often naive urban audience foists onto the agricultural community
We had some awesome Michigan sweet corn over the weekend! Thanks to whoever decided to breed sweet corn 10,000 years ago! #PureMichigan ... See MoreSee Less
6 days ago
It still bugs me that some people would shame a mom just because she doesn't buy food with a certain label on it. The most important thing is that they eat safe, nutritious food. ... See MoreSee Less
Why This Farm Mom Doesn't Feel Guilty About Her Kids' Food
Deciding on what to pack in your kids’ lunch has become a complicated task. Organic, conventional, GMO, free-range…the list keeps growing and parents must make more and more food choices for their...
View on Facebook